This page contains two sections. The first gives you an overview of the whole process from an applicant to a full-fledged transcriber. The second is a set of instructions for training yourself for transcription. (Note that the self-training option is only possible if you have my permission. Otherwise, you have to attend a face-to-face session.)
Self-training instructions (for prospective transcribers)
1. Go to https://www.chinoyarchives.com
2. Go to “Resources & Links"
3. Download "Workshop Resources" and “Transcription Package”
4. Open/unzip the files.
5. Familiarize yourself with the "Chinoy Ortho V4 June 2019” slides. It is necessary that you visit https://www.chinoyarchives.com/sounds to look up on the sounds. Please familiarize yourself with all of these sounds.
6. Go to the “ELAN 101 V4 June 2019” slides and learn the step-by-step process of transcription. It is pretty straightforward. (Instructions for the exam and the submission of the exam are here as well.)
7. Take the exam.
8. Submit the files.
Once you have submitted the exam files online, please let me know.
Email me at email@example.com if you have any questions!